Selling Real Estate In Mississauga and your Legal Considerations
This page will outline items that you will need to provide us and tasks to think about when you have sold or are selling your property
- We need you to provide us with a copy of the agreement of purchase and sale:
- Marital status for each owner
- Name and contact number and loan number for your bank or mortgage holder
- Your insurance company – you will need to cancel your insurance for the date of closing and arrange final meter readings
- Also, although we send letters to hydro water and gas departments, these companies prefer that you contact them directly effective the date of closing. In addition to these utility companies, cable and phone need to be contacted. See a list of utility companies with their phone numbers and contact information.
- If you have sold a property, you should vacate the property as early as possible on the date scheduled for closing.
I hope I have answered some of the most frequently asked questions, however, if I missed anything please do not hesitate to contact me.
You may read my list of typical Seller closing costs, adjustments and fees to expect.
Thank you for choosing to utilize our services.
Email: Sharnelle Hayden
Legal Assistant to Cindy McGoldrick
Phone: 905-608-9967 x 225