Purchasing Real Estate In Mississauga and your Legal Considerations
This page will outline items that you will need to provide us and tasks to think about when you have purchased or are about to purchase real estate property
- You will need to provide us with a copy of your agreement of purchase and sale
- Correct spelling and date of birth for each person who is going on title
- Marital status for each person going on title
- Name and contact number for person arranging your mortgage – or bank and contact information
- Your insurance company – you will require home insurance prior to the closing date
- Also, although we send letters to hydro water and gas departments, these companies prefer that you contact them directly to set the account up in your name effective the date of closing. In addition to these utility companies, cable and phone need to be contacted. See a list of utility companies with their phone numbers and contact information.
- If you have purchased a property, we will have your keys available at our office for pick up (usually around 4:30) on the date scheduled for closing so if any company needs to gain entrance to the home, arrange it for the next day.
- If you do not need to move from your current residence on the day of closing, it is wise to schedule movers etc. for the day following closing. If you must schedule the movers on the closing date please do it with the assumption that you will not be receiving you new keys until 4:30 or 5:00 p.m.
I hope I have answered some of the most frequently asked questions, however, if I missed anything please do not hesitate to contact me.
There are normally some additional expenses (property tax adjustment, brokerage fees, pst on CHMC insurance fees) – make sure you ask your broker/bank about these charges. You may read my list of typical Purchaser closing costs, adjustments and fees to expect.
Thank you for choosing to utilize our services.
Email: Sharnelle Hayden
Legal Assistant to Cindy McGoldrick
Phone: 905-608-9967 x 226